The original BZRX presale took place from September to October of 2018. Since then many things have happened. The protocol took off, became one of the most used in the industry, and also faced some challenges. During the course of this time, there has been considerable interest in a date for a public sale. The date for that will not be set or disclosed in this article. However, we will discuss the conditions required to have a sale.
Current Uses of the BZRX Token
On the road to a fully decentralized DAO as detailed in the bZxDAO article, bZx has taken an initial step of initiating an AragonDAO with a loosely coupled governance system to signal support for proposals.
An article with details on how to use the AragonDAO will be published in the near future.
Conditions For A Public Sale
When we published our original Presale Announcement, we said that “when it has become clear that the tokens are demanded for their utility, we will conduct the public sale and remove the restriction on token transfers.” For this to be true, we have a concrete set of milestones we believe need to be fulfilled:
- The protocol is in use by regular users.
- The protocol possesses significant liquidity and network effects.
- The protocol is generating fees that can be controlled by governance.
- A governance structure is in place.
- Multiple independent teams supporting
- The original bZx team does not run the only major front-end to the protocol.
Public Sale Token Metrics
- Total Hardcap (Public + Private) : 36,500 ETH
- Total Tokens: 1,030,000,000
- Token Distribution: 530,000,000
- Token Price: TBD
We look forward to starting the exciting process of governance and seeing the community take a larger part in the operation of the protocol.