We have tons of updates, but we don’t always condense it in a bite-sized form. Our community is dizzy at the pace of new updates and it can be hard to keep up, so we want to introduce you to a new format in our blog: monthly recaps. Each month we are going to publish a short breakdown of what’s done and achieved. Without further ado here it is:
Released the first version of Torque, our ENS-enabled borrowing that lets you get into a loan as easily as sending ETH to dai.tokenloan.eth. Web3 support coming in October.
Torque’s first-of-its-kind ENS loan system which allows users to borrow assets by simply sending collateral to a human-readable ENS domain from any wallet
1inch.exchange integrates iTokens
AlphaWallet integrates iTokens allowing you to lend on Fulcrum using your mobile phone
CryptoManiacs builds gDAI on Fulcrum, creating an interest yielding DAI that pays for its own gas with interest. gDAI enables sending DAI without paying for gas with Ether by using gas station network and staking on Fulcrum for earning interest for further transactions. CryptoManiacs win a prize at ETHBoston hackathon with this project. Congrats!
Kyber DeFi Hackathon
bZx sponsors Kyber DeFi Hackathon.
bZx is offering a total of $3000 in DAI in bZx-specific bounty rewards! (from a total hackathon prize pool of $42,000) bZx x Kyber Prize: $1,500
- $1,500 in DAI for the best project that uses/integrates both bZx and Kyber
- bZx — Best Use Case: $1,500 in DAI
DeFi Pulse listing
bZx listed on DeFi Pulse, ranking at #14 in overall DeFi apps top, with over 10k ETH locked
bZx featured at defi.review
Press mentions and articles
- Kyle J Kistner publishes A Tour of the Varieties of DAI to help navigate the new products being built on top of DAI. Article translated to Spanish
- In Traditional Financial Circles This Would be Considered “Nonsense” — interview with Kyle J Kistner at The Defiant
- Defi Tutorials creates a step-by-step guide for using Fulcrum
- Fulcrum’s iDAI was written about by Tom Howard in the Asia Blockchain Review
- Oasis Labs writes about the need for a private Fulcrum
- bZx — Telegram AMA at Gains Channel
- Collaborated with Noah Maizels to write an overview of lending protocols covering bZx, Fulcrum, and Torque
- Articles about Fulcrum, Torque and bZx protocol was added at EthHub
- DeFi lending: supply crypto, earn interest
- Lending Stablecoins with DeFi
- bZx featured in Ryan Sean Adams Bankless newsletter
Last but not least, Nick Sawinyh joined the bZx team as a marketer, so expect more marketing and communication activities coming months. Stay tuned!